Our EDU package is a complete demo station in a box — everything except the table. The EDU package includes :
- A WeldWatch 2016-Z 10x zoom color weld camera
- A flexible counter-balanced arm for the camera. The best demo videos come when the camera can has the right camera angle. This arm allows you to quickly place the camera anywhere over the weld table without the clutter of a tripod and cables.
- A Microsoft Surface-4 pro PC to run the WeldWatch software.
- A flexible arm for the Microsoft surface allowing it to be easily moved away from spatter during welding
- An AmpWatch current-monitoring box — allowing real-time graphing of the amps in the weld torch..
What are the instructional benefits of a weld video camera system?
- LIVE VIEWING – Watch high-resolution live welding without a shield. Demonstrate to a group of students or at recruiting open-houses. An onscreen view allows an instructor to watch a student-weld and coach without crowding into the booth to look over their shoulder.
- RECORD – save high-resolution raw video of arc-on welding. Playback for immediate review or save/export for use later. Also capture full-resolu Capture stills to save or email.
- REVIEW – use the WeldWatch software to playback your weld. Controls allow slow-motion or a complete freeze allowing full explanations.
- SHARE VIDEOS – create how-to videos to supplement your classroom instruction, post on your web site, use for remote/distance learning or have students build a video resume.
Visible Welding has created a specialized hardware and software package that is the best solution for welding instruction: WeldWatch.EDU.
The WeldWatch.EDU system gathers all the pieces needed for a weld instruction station into one convenient package:
- WeldWatch-Z ultra-high dynamic range camera on swing-arm
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 touchscreen computer with locking case on swing arm
- AmpWatch weld current sampling box
- WeldWatch software with education features:
- Auto record videos for playback to review student progress
- On-screen Amperage graphs
- separate handling of temporary videos and permanent demo videos
- Cables included.
Note: Weld Table NOT included. Large-Screen TV not included.
A weld instructional station using WeldWatch.EDU components is shown below, along with a 48 inch monitor to allow a group of students to follow along: (Large-Screen TV NOT included)
Of course this package also includes all the benefits of a Visible Welding WeldWatch camera. Specific features of interest for welding instruction and demos are:
- color video with up to 30 fps (frames per second)
- motorized 10x optical zoom for close-up views and flexible positioning
- auto iris and auto focus
- automatic control of image brightness and contrast
- arc-triggered auto-recording of video
- export video to standard files for general re-use
Monitor Weld Current
Monitoring weld current is valuable for ensuring that students get the proper weld stroke during training, AmpWatch is a small hardware accessory to measure weld current. It is plug-and-play with compatible with the WeldWatch software providing quick setup.
The amperage plots are available in two sizes and can be positioned in any corner of the WeldWatch display. Below is an example in the upper right of the screen (circled in green):
The amperage data is stored in the weld video file and plays back with the video.
Hook up a big screen to the HDMI port and display the weld video large for easy viewing by a class.
Click here for more details on the package options and the 3 year development effort behind them.
Download our WeldWatch Education Applications Note.
View a map showing most of the current educational institutions already using WeldWatch cameras in welding courses.